Liverpool was stopped by United, Arsenal was ahead

Liverpool was stopped by United, Arsenal was ahead

Liverpool was stopped by United, Arsenal was ahead. Liverpool could not regain the top spot in the league table from Arsenal. Despite having a great chance at the end, Luis Diaz couldn’t make the Allred camp smile. Manchester United stopped the All Reds at Old Trafford. However, if defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka did not commit an unnecessary foul in the 83rd minute, the Red Devils could have won.

Liverpool drew 2-2 against United on Sunday (April 7) in the English Premier League match. They have fallen behind in the race for the league title after losing 2 important points.

Read More : Champions League quarter finalists

Arsenal topped the points table after defeating Brighton in the previous match to top Liverpool. At the end of 31 matches, their points are 71 with 22 wins and 5 draws. Jurgen Klopp’s men have a chance to regain top spot if they beat United. But they could not use that opportunity. However, the All Reds have also collected 71 points equal to Arsenal by playing the same number of matches. But as they are behind in goal difference, they have to stay in two. 21 wins and 8 draws in 31 matches. Defending champions Manchester City are breathing down their necks with 21 wins and 7 draws in 70 points.

On this day, however, there was an opportunity for Liverpool to pick up the full 3 points. But Luis Diaz missed the golden opportunity and left the team in despair. With the game tied 2-2 in regulation time, Diaz found the ball in front of the goal in the fourth minute of added time. But he got the ball almost empty and hit it over the bar.

Read More : Man City is entering the field at night on a semi mission

On this day, however, Diaz scored the first goal and gave Liverpool the lead. In the 23rd minute of the match, Darwin Nunez tapped in a teammate’s cross from a corner. After evading United’s defense, Diaz took a strong shot with his right leg, leaning on his left leg and hand. Liverpool advance.

However, it was United who found the net first at home. In the second minute of the match, Alejandro Garnacho shook Liverpool’s net by taking possession of a teammate’s pass. But the goal was disallowed by the referee’s offside whistle. Bruno Fernandes made up for that mistake in the 50th minute of the second half. The Portuguese midfielder got the ball in the center circle because of Liverpool’s defense. He equalized for United by shaking the net with a powerful shot.

Read More : Argentina turned around in the second half and won the match

16 minutes later, 18-year-old English forward Kobi Maino doubled the joy of Old Trafford fans. Mino penetrated Liverpool’s defense after taking possession of Casemiro’s pass in midfield. Passed to Wan-Bissaka before entering the box. After getting the return ball from him, he put the ball in Liverpool’s net and gave United the lead. Liverpool attacked one after another to return to the match. But by no means could they see the net. The Red Devils were on their way to victory by keeping the gap. But defender Wan-Bissaka made a mistake.

In the 83rd minute, Elliot was given a penalty by an unnecessary foul in the box. Salah equalized with a successful spot kick. In the end, if Diaz could have used the opportunity, Liverpool could have won the game with 63 percent possession of the ball and 28 shots. But in the end they were stopped by United taking 9 shots with 37 percent possession of the ball. The two teams left the field with a 2-2 draw. United is in sixth place in the table with 49 points in 31 matches and 15 wins and 4 draws.